The Administrative Data Liaison Service will be running two Safe Researcher training courses in 2013. The course consists of six different modules specifically designed for researchers who wish to apply for and use administrative data.
The course modules are as follows:
1. An introduction to administrative data in the UK.
2. Responsibilities of a safe researcher (the law).
3. Creating safe settings and data security.
4. Good practice in the analysis of administrative datasets.
5. Statistical disclosure control and avoiding disclosive outputs.
6. Making applications for administrative data.
The courses will be held in Edinburgh on the 22nd January 2013 and in London on the 5th April 2013 at the cost of £45 including lunch and refreshments.
More detailed information and booking arrangements are available from here: