The National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA) invites expressions of interest for its alliance for useful evidence call. The call seeks researchers, writers and consultants with experience of research and writing for policymakers for short projects. This will involve writing accessible prose aimed at policymakers and non-specialist audiences in a number of subject areas:
- good evidence, including standards, kitemarks and forms of evidence;
- building the social and economic case for evidence;
- the contribution of science to social policy;
- mainstreaming evidence in social finance;
- commissioners and evidence;
- how evidence can transform your charity;
- evidence at the local level;
- evidence for the frontline – what works for practitioners;
- social media and public policy;
- role of systematic reviews in social policy;
- lessons from overseas – international perspectives on decision making;
- open data and data opportunities for evidence and policy.
Projects will receive up to £5,000 and should end by May 2013.
Closing date: 1st February 2013.